[DeTomaso] Fw: Re: Pantera fall down go boo m :<(

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:02:26 EDT 2011

My new cam is a -9 billet and both the vendor and Comp Cams is telling me to
use a bronze gear.
I am going to do so. I have already checked installation height and it is
good.

As I noted previously, I ran 90psi hot for many years (from 1985 until 1998)
and never had a problem with the cam or distributor gear. But hey.... that's
only one data point on a single solid lifter Crower cam.

I don't run that much oil pressure now. More like 65psi hot.

I am regularly checking valve lash on my GT40 because of the horror stories
I hear about solid rollers. So far, no problem. We shall see. I will be
doing the same to this new 377 in the Pantera. It's costing too much to have
it mess up early!

FWIW,
Kirby