[DeTomaso] Fw: Re: Pantera fall down go boo m :<(

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 17:47:04 EDT 2011

Kirby, it seems to me the problem comes from too much oil pump load on the
little gear- of whatever metal. And on speedtalk.com, there a nice little
thread on retrofit -8 roller cores prematurely failing the hard steel rollers
on the roller lifters due apparently to incompatibility. So along with
perodically checking your drive gear, you might also check the surface of a
couple of the roller wheels. Since I'm sort of in the same boat (build coming
up), I'm interested in what you might find. Cheers- J DEryke