[DeTomaso] A new way to (almost) start a fire in a Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 21:26:28 EDT 2011

If you ever grab a mirror from the bathroom to look under the dash etc. be careful where you lay it.  I left a mirror on the seat, and later rolled the car out into the sun.  I start seeing smoke rising almost immediatly from under the dash.

Turns out the mirror has a flat side and a concave side, and it was just the right distance to focus on a spot on the underside of the dash.  Melted a bit of the material covering the dash in a place that no one will ever see, but it could have been worse.

Ken