[DeTomaso] Pantera at Brooklands Double Twelve

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 01:08:20 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

There's a nice article about the Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport
Festival, held at the legendary Brookands track and test circuit in Surrey,
England.

Geoff Peters was there with his monster Pantera, and really put on a show
on the Test Hill.

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/explore/test-hill/

Here's a writeup on the event generally:

http://www.sportscardigest.com/brooklands-double-twelve-festival-2011-photo-
gallery/?awt_l=P2b4N&awt_m=JnR4PvlRnus.C0

The photographer got some really great images of Geoff from a couple of
different angles:

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/gallery/brooklands-double-twelve-2
011-photos/d3s_7729.jpg

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/gallery/brooklands-double-twelve-2
011-photos/d3s_7733.jpg

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/gallery/brooklands-double-twelve-2
011-photos/d3s_7637.jpg

Here's a Youtube video; Geoff's first run appears at 3:37, and his second
at 6:37.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbasc5OZA-U

Geoff being Geoff, he got overly excited on one of his runs and forgot to
brake nearing the top of the hill.  On his last run, he got the car airborne,
then locked up the brakes and crashed into/underneath a wooden barrier!
The front of the car got a little bit banged up, but nothing super-critical,
and he was able to drive it home.   Considering that he'd torn up one of the
flares by turning the wrong way at Spa the week before, the car is quickly
developing what the English lovingly refer to as 'patina' :>)

Cheers!

Mike

P.S.   Larry Finch has time on his hands so I'll let him generate TinyURL
links for the links above. :>)

P.P.S.   Notice the missing driver's side doorhandle, as per our discussion
on this topic last week....:>)