[DeTomaso] Windshield availablility

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 25 10:42:44 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/24/11 23 02 11, coxmichaelt at gmail.com writes:

> My car was the second or third customer car to have Hall install the
> glue-in windshield. Gary said that band was to protect the glue they use
> from UV rays in sunlight. I don't know if that is true or not, but my new
> BMW has the same thing. :^)
>

>>>True--but the band was too wide.   I wasn't going to buy one of these
windshields from Gary, and he told me that they miscalculated when they made
the mold.   Oops.

I spoke with the fellow who manufacturers Wilkinson's glass, at the SEMA
show last year.   He impressed upon me the extremely high quality of the glass
they produce, to include the fact that they have an enormously high
rejection rate due to their extreme quality control.   Glass that would be more
than good enough for the aftermarket, is summarily rejected by the manufacturer
because they apply OEM quality specs which are more stringent.   He told me
that their flush-mount screens have a similarly too-wide band due to a
similar miscalculation....