[DeTomaso] Dart Blocks

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 10:25:27 EDT 2011

I think it depends on what you want to do with the car.  If you were
racing other Panteras and you thought an aluminum block would give a
significant weight advantage, then yes, aluminum should be your choice
given your budget.  Otherwise, iron is fine.

Goran Malmburg ran an aluminum block for a bit in his Pantera but it
was a little too race (top fuel) oriented.  The closer you are to race
prepared, the more essential it is that all parts be reconditioned
once or twice a season, or per race depending on the kind of racing.
I don't know if the Dart block would have similar complexity, but
probably so.

However, if you also want to have an aluminum block "because I can"
then that is again a good choice :)  Dan Jones has a Fontana block he
is preparing and I think Jack has one too.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso