[DeTomaso] Windshield availablility

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 02:01:42 EDT 2011

Mike said:
> I'm not a fan at all of the glue-in screens.   Both Hall's and Wilkinson's
> molds got messed up when somebody miscalculated the opening size, and as a
> result they have a big black band all the way around them, which reduces
the
> aperture unnecessarily.   Plus, I happen to like the classic look of the
> rubber molding and metal trim, but that's an aesthetic judgement.

My car was the second or third customer car to have Hall install the
glue-in windshield. Gary said that band was to protect the glue they use
from UV rays in sunlight. I don't know if that is true or not, but my new
BMW has the same thing. :^)

To me, it looks much better than the original arrangement and it
doesn't leak!

   --mike