[DeTomaso] Visit from the Tornbloms....

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Thu Jun 23 22:45:51 EDT 2011

MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev 2011-06-22 20.35:
> Hi guys,
>
> I happened to be home this morning, and Thomas and Karin Tornblom stopped
> by for a quick visit.   Their son bought a guitar on E-bay a few months ago
> and I've been babysitting it for him until today. :>)   The box is leaning
> against the back of their rental van:
>
> http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=32322
>
> They are on their way to the Napa Valley, then will spend the next two
> nights in Santa Cruz, then heading south on Hwy 1, then through Yosemite,
> Bishop, Death Valley, Las Vegas, and finally Los Angeles.
>
> If you want to hook up with them for dinner or something, drop Thomas a
> line at Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
>
> I don't know if he's checking e-mail while he's on vacation?   Not
> everybody is as compulsive about that as I am...:>)

We arrived late, and the hotel has wifi, but I was just too tired from
jet lag and a busy day to catch up on my mail.

We stopped and had burgers at Gott's, and I agree, it was probably the
best burger I've ever had! :)

We also stopped by The Beringer winery and tasted some wines.

When we approached Golden Gate from the north, the fog rolled in. We
drove up to Hawk Hill, hoping to be able to see something, but it was an
epic failure :)

We then drove down highway 1, and we arrived in Santa Cruz much later
than we had hoped for.

It was a beautiful drive, and I think everyone was happy.

This morning was really chilly, and no sunlight, so we decided to take
the scenic route to Gilroy for some serious shopping, and we have now
just returned.

> Mike

Cheers,
Thomas