[DeTomaso] Fw: Re: Pantera fall down go boom :<(

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 20:47:09 EDT 2011

 Dave,

You be right on the engine rpm ---- I was looking at it wrong.

Thanks for setting me straight,

Bud #3400

--- On Thu, 6/23/11, Dave Londry <davel at emspace.com> wrote:

From: Dave Londry <davel at emspace.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera fall down go boom :<(
To: "B Hower" <b.hower3400 at yahoo.com>
Cc: "deto >> Pantera List" <DeTomaso at realbig.com>
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 9:49 PM

Nice experiment Bud.
I think 1200 rpm of the distributor is 2400 of the crank, or I'm looking at what you said the wrong way.
Doesn't matter though - I doubt the oil pressure is much higher than 75 anyway.
 I'll try the 0.040" bit and then figure out what to do after I break it.
tks
dave

On 6/23/2011 11:49 AM, B Hower wrote:

FWIW,

Here is photos I took today of my squirt-er trial. I found the plug that comes in the standard kits to be very very hard. I finally got a hole in one -- but larger than I wanted -- something under .060 but much more than .030.

The oil plump is an 84A not HV. My drill turns at 1200 max speed = only 600 crank speed ( distributor runs at 2X crank speed ), and oil pressure at 1200 = 75 lbs. at rear of block. The stream of oil from the galley plug is hitting dead on with the plan, but may be a bigger stream than needed. It seems that the stream is full diameter at 20 lbs oil pressure. I'm not sure what difference would be seen if motor was actually rotating.

4670 = shows stream from plug

4671 = shows stream from plug at real low rpm

4672 = shows stream from plug and shows it spraying onto the cam gear above where the distributor gear would be.

Comments invited,
Bud