[DeTomaso] Sound Deadener [WAS: The Answer: #93 from the Icky Old Man Institute of Research]

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:01:50 EDT 2011

Lowes/Home Depot also carry a Frost King product that is used for insulating (sound AND temp) A/C duct work.  It has a grey 1/8" closed cell foam layer, a dead soft aluminum
cover and is self adhesive.  I covered the entire interior of my Z06 with it and it made a tremendous difference.  You get the aluminum tape to cover the seams and it looks like
a spaceship inside when you're done.  The female co-pilot noticed and commented on the difference in interior sound levels immediately without having to be asked.  That's all
the proof I need as to it's value.  The Pantera will be done next.  I've also used the asphault type material in other cars and didn't have a problem with smell.  I've always
considered DynaMat way way overpriced especially when compared to other alternatives.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa