[DeTomaso] Good price for Dynamat Extreme

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 23 17:59:52 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/23/11 12 34 47, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> Amazon has a good price on Dynamat Extreme:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Dynamat-10455-Xtreme-Bulk-Sheets/dp/B00020CB2S
>
> less than half retail and probably half the summit price including
> shipping.  Where you make out is that shipping is free, and this is a fairly large
> heavy package.

Numerous people have remarked at how incredibly quite and civilized my
Pantera is inside.   I venture to say that it's the best I've ever been in, in
that regard, except for Richard Barkley's car--and Richard doesn't have an
actual engine, so that doesn't really count. :>) :>) :>)

My interior has been extensively treated with Dynamat Extreme.   I paid
full price at Summit; wish I had thought to look at Amazon.   That's a GREAT
deal.

Although I have some other advantages (stainless steel firewall, and some
cheapo JC Whitney jute-style insulation on the firewall), I'd say the
majority of the quietness in my car stems from the extensive use of this Dynamat on
the firewall, inner rockers, floors, inner front fenders, door frames (not
the inside of the skins, it wouldn't work there unless I stripped away the
factory spray-on sound deadening) and center tunnel.

Two thumbs up!

Mike (who owns the quietest Pantera in the world at the moment, due to a
still-dead engine...)