[DeTomaso] The Answer: #93 from the Icky Old Man Institute of Research

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Thu Jun 23 13:54:02 EDT 2011

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!

Some years ago (si, es verdad) we all suffered through the "which sound proof stuff is better" series of 98 threads.

Some one suggested B-Quiet Ultimate (1 877 727-8438 - if they are still in business)  www.b-quiet.com  so I sent for a box.  its expensive (I was gainfully employed in those days) but they will send you a sample of 4 products.

Since the headliner is out of the truck (don't ask) I thought I might try some of this on the truck.

It goes on like a dream - I applied in about 7.2 minutes.  I think it would have been just as good to use 1/4 the product.  No, really (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL6NY5lfBAg)  ONE FOURTH THE PRODUCT!

So, we had to do some empirical testing (right word?) along the way . . .

Before:
http://www.youtube.com/user/IckyOldMan#p/a/u/1/7mp7U2gCU8E  hear me rapping my knuckles on the top?

After:
http://www.youtube.com/user/IckyOldMan#p/a/u/0/7IsjNBoaWbI  Sound any different?

I can't say if any product is better, but something will make your car sound better!

Maybe I should re-cover the door panels . . . . .

PS: you are quite welcome!

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6233 (20110623) __________

http://www.eset.com