[DeTomaso]   Techno question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 11:08:47 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/21/11 7 38 15, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> Hall Pantera sells visor pivots with a modified design.
>
> The shafts are at an angle, and that design hampers the visors ease of
> movement,
> and thus keeps them from flopping down at about 85MPH.
>
> YMMV
>
> http://tinyurl.com/visor-locks

I bought a set of these years ago, but after looking at the design I chose
not to use them.

The stock ones are plastic, with 'soft' rounded edges.   These are machined
from billet aluminum with very sharp edges.   In an accident your head
could easily wind up hitting these things, even if you're belted in.

No thanks!