[DeTomaso] Passenger door handle question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 16:07:14 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/20/11 12 57 39, cmccann1972 at gmail.com writes:

> but I think once the list discussed them at length.and I seem to remember
> they don't fit perfectly? Is it because they assume a flat sheet metal
> platform and the pantera door is obviously a gentle radius?
>
>>>No, that's the aluminum replacements for the plastic tubs, not the pull
tab itself.   I've heard nothing bad about the replacement pull tabs--and in
fact there are several competing designs from several different
vendors--stainless steel, polished aluminum, or black anodized are all available from
different sources.

> >Stainless, if a
> decent fit, would seem to resolve integrity issues would it not?
>
>>>It's not just the material, it's also the design.   The 'arm' of the
original pull tabs is underengineered.   A stainless replacement that mirrors
the stock design perfectly might not be as robust as an aluminum replacement
where that arm is beefed up.   I don't have enough experience with either
type to be able to issue a specific recommendation of one versus the other.