[DeTomaso] Pantera fall down go boom :<(

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 20 13:46:25 EDT 2011

Personally, I'm not a big fan of direct drive gears. If they are helical cut rather than straight. They can push or pull on the cam.  Nascar runs the super expensive BELT drives. I remember reading a side by side test on the dyno comparing gear drives and chains. The chain drive came out on top. One of the reasons was the slack in the chain helped advance/retard the timing at just the right time. The tried and true double roller is all you need. Do yourself a favor and chunk the timing gears... Bill 1362  Your results my vary.