[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 83, Issue 20-Broken stroker

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 12:14:35 EDT 2011

Mikey,
As my buddy always said either bring home the trophies or
bring home the pieces.. no real trophies this year
Although mine is hanging in my office as I now have
a real cool picture of Escahoffs car

I used to float the valves on my Pontiacs rather than shift
and I have spun more bearings than I can remember

My autocross car would also tear up timing chains with little
time on them due to the on and off of the motor on an autocross course
.. many others started running gear drives for this reason

411 inch small block Windsor
Running 60 psi almost all the time
Running a 7000 chip on a 7500 motor and it is still alive
Running flat tappet cam
Ran 180 straight 4" exhaust since Cali tracks have baby sound limits

When my fuel pump started going bad at the track I
thought my motor was blown as I have done so many times
then it felt like the msd going south or rev limiter hitting early
we pulled the pill- not a good idea for me but power was still
down and we finally figured it was the pump

My buddies raced to summit and got there at about 2 minutes
to 5pm and then found out it was open until 9pm
Next day new pump and car was back running with the ZR-1

Sounds like you know what the problem is which is always the
hard part when things start coming apart.. not knowing why
will kill you and keep you from really letting her loose

Get that roll bar in... buy the tires.. kick up the rev limiter
and time to play

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera