[DeTomaso] A/C Rebuild - Vents

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 00:54:11 EDT 2011

 ......I removed two from a 69 T bird and they were exact duplicates..........

------------------------------------

 I've heard this before, and have tried to confirm it with many online searches.

I have never been able to confirm this - and I have developed pretty good
www search skills.

Take a look at this auction currently on eBay.

http://tinyurl.com/T-BIRD-VENTS

It purports to be a dash panel for a 1968/69 Thunderbird. It includes two rectangular dash vents.
>From some more searching, I've learned there were two vents on the right side of the steering wheel
and one on the left side. There was an entirely different round style vent in front of the passenger.

The seller has included many very good photos, that will open up to larger versions.
They clearly show the front and back of the vents.

I have an early metal-framed vent assembly in front of me as I type.

It is clearly not the same as the ones shown in this auction.

I remain unconvinced that 1969 Thunderbird A/C vents are the
same as those used in our Panteras.

Larry