[DeTomaso] Pantera fall down go boom :<(

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 00:32:01 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/19/11 21 20 59, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> OH, and yea... sorry to hear you had a break down, it's never fun when
> that happens.  Thank you for sharing so we can all learn from these
> things.

I have to admit, it was actually kinda fun. :>)

That is, it added a level of interest to an otherwise fun but ordinary
track day.   Once the car came back to the paddock, people came out of the
woodwork to offer help and advice, and the further we dug down, the more the
fix-it theories changed, until it became apparent that I was dead in the water.
 But until that point, people were volunteering to race into Reno (30 miles
away) to go to the Summit website for me, offering up 'pet' machine shops
to do a quickie distributor gear change, etc. etc.

There was a palpable, shared feeling of disappointment when it became
obvious that I was dead for the weekend.   People were really rooting for the car
to be running again by the end of the day.   So that was a lot of fun to be
a part of.

I have to admit, for me it would have been rather more fun if it was
somebody ELSE's car that we were working on, but still...:>)