[DeTomaso] Pantera fall down go boom :<(

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jun 20 00:20:26 EDT 2011

I'm no expert, but after looking at the photos of the gear, it's
apparent the teeth have a very unusual wear pattern.  It's nearly
"S"-shaped, which I think lends credence to the idea of "shock loading"
as I think Dan put it when he emailed me.  On load, it wore down one end
of the tooth, then when unloaded, it was "shocked" to the opposite
extreme and hammered on the other end of the tooth.  This back and forth
motion continued until something gave out.  But I do think it might
explain the wear pattern.

Just my two cents.
Asa Jay

OH, and yea... sorry to hear you had a break down, it's never fun when
that happens.  Thank you for sharing so we can all learn from these things.

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
http://www.racingagainstautism.com