[DeTomaso] A/C Rebuild - Vents

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun Jun 19 18:53:42 EDT 2011

Mine, #1488, had the 3rd vent added and has a fresh air intake stock. the
top climate control says air / off. When set to Air, the top vent opens that
connects to the winshield screen. When I rebuilt my heater box, I replace
the fan and evaporator. Bench testing with a new squirrel cage fan from
Wilkenson showed that on high, the top fresh air vent, when open, was
blowing air out of the fresh air intake. I suspect that when the car is
moving there will be positive pressure on the vent and it will push air in.
Even though, when my A/C is on, I'll keep it closed in the Florida heat.

Rob