[DeTomaso] #5197

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Jun 19 14:45:03 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/19/11 10:45:24 AM, deserttwist at juno.com writes:

> I was thinking that a roll deck would be the only way I would let them
> tow my car.

There are two built-in tow hooks under the nose of the car, but they're
useless '[cause they lay so close to the floor that its virtually impossible to
get even a skinny rope under or thru them. And if they're bent down a
little to make a hook-up possible and you have a front spoiler or air dam, a tow
rope or chain will crack them. With no spoiler, they only rub thru the
paint.... A flatbed or a two-wheeler tow setup as you say is the only possible
choice. Towing or trailering   with a Pantera loaded backwards is not a good
choice either- decklids have popped open at speed, breaking the rear hinges,
wrinkling the roof and even busting the windshield. Don't let any towtruck
'expert' talk you into such things- if necessary, call one of the POCA guys
on your Roster (should be carried in the glove box)   for help. Good luck- J
DeRyke