[DeTomaso] A/C Rebuild - Vents

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 19 13:28:13 EDT 2011

What is the current thought about the A/C assembly regarding the vents.

My car has 2 vents on the dash, plus the defroster vents.  Didn't Bondurant
modify the dash to have a 3rd vent?  I've seen the later dash that has a
piece added to the dash that directs the air downward.  I think that's one
of the L mods.

Does it make sense to add a third vent?  Or do I just have vent envy?  If
the 3rd vent helps, were do I find them?  The vendors?  Which one?

What about adding a fresh air system to the cowl area?  Necessary?  Has
anyone done this?  I only ask because it seems like nearly every car has
one, but the Pantera doesn't - at least mine doesn't.

I don't want to do the Hall mod that puts the vent in the end of the door.
I just want a climate control system that works reasonably well.

Will.