[DeTomaso] Tach and Speedo Bulb Holders

J. Sean Keane jskeane6 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 11:06:36 EDT 2011

I recently ordered John Taphorn's LED kit for my 1974 L-model, and read
through the instructions, which were well done. I decided to tackle the
hardest job first: installing the new Y-lead and pigtail to the turn
signal indicator bulb in the tachometer. I managed to destroy the bulb
holder in the course of trying to re-install it. The plastic pretty much
fell apart. Sigh.

So now I need to order a new bulb holder with two terminals, part
13006B. As long as I'm doing this, I might as well order a complete set,
and get the brighter bulbs (somewhere, I heard that NAPA LMP17177 bulbs
will work). My question is this: how many of the dual terminal holders
will I need, and how many of the single terminal holders (13006A) will I
need? Again, this is a 1974 L-model. It's hard for me to see the holders
through all the under-dash wiring, and I don't want to try to remove
them until I have a replacement handy. Any help with this info is
appreciated.

Best Regards,

J. Sean Keane