[DeTomaso] True?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:46:24 EDT 2011

I think it's a terrible idea It may give them ideas. We as car aficionados
have no organized lobby (that I know of) and would make a perfect target for
their money grabbing claws. I thought the prank was well written and very
believable, that's why it scares me. They say there is at least a grain of
truth in most jests. This one may contain more then a grain. Many
municipalities already impose a personal property tax on cars , boats
airplanes etc This is in addition to the sales tax that is collected each
time one is sold and registered. How many people actually make money after
they spend tens of thousands restoring their car and the selling it. Most I
know of are losers (financially) The Dealers make money on sales but they
are already taxed.
Boyd