[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 83, Issue 15-Radiator

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 16:38:31 EDT 2011

I have a two pass alum radiator
I have changed to a different water pump
since I sheared the impellors on two ford
motorsport pumps... in doing that my pulley
is slightly larger now so pass speed is changed

Car will run 180/190 all day in any weather just
driving around but I can tell you with the larger
pulley it runs about 10 degrees hotter on the track
when pushing it than before ,,,210... I now have a 7000 rpm chip
in it... changed in Reno this year so we do push it
not just running around at 5500 rpm like some other
slackers

So pass speed can also be changed by pulley size

As always your experience may be different

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera

Ps... my oil temp gauge wire burned off so
I am no longer pegging that gauge and left it
broken... less things to look at when tracking
But I do believe that it was sending a false temp
to the gauge as it was wedged against the bottom
ss water tube.. just my thoughts and if I really hit
300 plus my engine is still together after another event