[DeTomaso] Glass and Fiber Decklids

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 14 18:46:04 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/14/11 2:31:17 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I think the very light weight carbon fiber decks are made in an autoclave
> which is expensive but very good.  But in the past, I thought people said
> the fiberglass rear decks were about 40 pounds?

Larry Stock's fiberglas ones are around that weight (he's said his
fabricator could also make them of carbon cloth if required- for way more money).
But his street panels also contain embedded metal plates for bolting on your
stock decklid hinges, your stock latch and your two lift cylinders. Mostly,
carbon-fiber pieces are racing parts that are held on by simple pins, so I'd
ask many questions if you want the ultimate weight loss from these
potentially very lightweight panels. FWIW- J DeRyke