[DeTomaso] no electricity from switch to starter

mark skwarek ehpantera at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 10:48:39 EDT 2011

I did not have power to the solenoid.

--- On Sat, 6/11/11, boyd casey <boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: boyd casey <boyd411 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] no electricity from switch to starter
To: SOBill at aol.com
Cc: ehpantera at yahoo.com, detomaso at realbig.com
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2011, 8:27 AM

Did you have power BEFORE you installed the Pantera electronics module?
Boyd

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM, <SOBill at aol.com> wrote:

Mark,

In my experience, the lest reliable parts of electrical systems are  the
connections ..... not the wires.

Either the ignition switch internals, the connections to-from the  terminal
strip or the connections at the starter solenoid ...... you get the  idea.

The best method of finding the problem is verify that voltage  exists at
each junction point. Start at the final destination and work back  toward the
source. Why start at the final destination? ..... the starter  solenoid
might be the problem.

What tool to use? A small, inexpensive digital multimeter  ...... you can
measure voltage and resistance. These are available at any auto  parts sore,
electronics store, Amazon (DT830B ~$10), Harbor Freight (#37772  ~$20). I
prefer non-autoranging meters. I have never seen a trouble lamp  ...........
one of these things with a probe, an alligator clip, and a light  bulb that
wasn't so cheaply made that it was more likely to be the source of  trouble
itself.

Then you need to understand how the electrical circuit works. All  the
basic, individual Pantera electrical circuits are available at
_http://www.panteraplace.com/page107.htm_ (http://www.panteraplace.com/page107.htm) .

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com