[DeTomaso] Timing Kit/Speed-Pro 220-3121 for 351C ?

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:28:43 EDT 2011

Does it have any description info on the box?  You want to stay away from
nylon cam gears or chains that aren't either "double-roller" or "true
roller".  If you decide not to use it and by a different one, let me know
and I'll send you the info I've collected on timing sets.  Standard sets
won't have more than one keyway on the crank sprocket while performance sets
with provide multiple keyways for indexing the cam.

The 220-3121 has been replaced by the 3121R but it looks like Dallas Mustang
Parts still has some NOS sets to sell:
http://www.dallasmustang.com/product.php?productid=8425&cat=135&page=1
You could call and ask them if they know any more about them especially what
type and brand the chain is.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505