[DeTomaso] Header coatings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 11:18:23 EDT 2011

Not all coatings are created equal.

The company that pioneered the process (or rather, turned it from a rather
esoteric thing into a more-or-less mainstream process) is Jet-Hot.

http://www.jet-hot.com/

There have since been many imitators; some of them are probably the equal
of Jet-Hot and others are not.   How can you, as a consumer, tell the
difference?   I know of no other way other than from anecdotal evidence, first-hand
testimony etc.

I can tell you that my headers and tailpipes were coated almost 20 years
ago by Jet-Hot and still look absolutely like new.   I have run my car hard,
including hours and hours of track time, with no visible changes or ill
effects.

I think Jet-Hot is more expensive (perhaps much more expensive in some
cases) than some of their competitors.   Whether that increased cost can be
justified is a question for you, and your accountant. :>)