[DeTomaso] 15in rims, trying to fit tires front & back

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:13:23 EDT 2011

I would not recommend Hoosier's for a daily driver and certainly not for any driver that might see wet conditions. Also despite the "DOT" label these race tires are "not approved for highway use" and are stamped such. Although I have never had a problem an eager cop with a little knowledge and keen eye might get you a ticket.

I looked on Tirerack and 225/50/15 are available in BF Goodrich G-Force, Yokohama AVS, Sumitomo HR and Khumo Ecsta as other have said having front and rear matching sets is not imeprative and almost impossible for a Pantera nowadays. You can get same brand in BF Goodrich G-Force front and Radial T/A rear.

Rear choices in 295/50/15 are BF Goodrich Radial T/A or Firestone Firewawk.

Looking at the BF Goodrich Radial T/A they are also available in; 225/60/15 (25.6"), 15/60/15 (24.2"), 205/60/15 ((24.6") and 215/60/15 (25.2") figures in brackets being the tire diameter (height), where a 225/50/15 is 23.8", so you could potentially go to a narrower 60 series tire if matching front to rears is a big deal weither way it's a compromise.

Good luck,
Julian