[DeTomaso] Still no wipers, but I'm home

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Jun 8 05:29:04 EDT 2011

Sorry about that Charlie! You weren't clear on whether you wanted the wipers
to work too, you said you hade ordered fair weather for the whole trip in
March already, right? Anyway, help is near: Turn the front wheels to the
extreme right so you can reach the wiper motor. Disconnect the red cable,
the blue cable and cables B and F. Swap them so that cable Y goes to spade
connector 7, cable H goes to connector A and replace fuses 2 through 5 with
appropriate length nails. If any cables are left over, cut them off and
dispose of them. Take the car for a spin. You will now find that when you
move the indicator stalk the wipers will go on and off instead of the turn
signals flashing. The turn signals will only work when in reverse gear but
that's a fair trade off, right? Let me know if you need additional info
(e.g. how to turn on the voltmeter)! ;-)

Tomas