[DeTomaso] Good method for stripping felt?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 03:52:10 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/7/11 6:10:49 PM, coreyjprice at gmail.com writes:

> know, there's nothing easy, but I have considered a pressure washer but
> don't dare try it for fear of ruining the old fiberglass.

The fiberglas is pretty tough. I stripped one last year by hand with a wire
brush, soap and a garden hose. And you're right- its a messy 2-hour job but
nowhere near that of stripping the engine compartment of undercoating ....
You'll be OK with a pressure washer and you can use really hot water to
soften the ancient glue. Good luck- J Deryke