[DeTomaso] Electrical Help Needed

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Mon Jun 6 20:51:29 EDT 2011

The one wire was connected to blue w/black. It has been connected to that
wire for 4 yrs ( not that it's correct, but that's where it was connected).
I have 0 volts on that wire right now. I've been told that the one wire
should be connected to the yellow wire ( I have 12V on that wire now).
Here's the odd thing.... I just found a schematic online and it says that
term #1 is "field" and should be hooked up to the lamp indicator. #2 is
"sensing" and should be hooked up to battery voltage.
So....I should hook up the yellow (12v) wire to #2 (sensing)? What happens
if I don’t connect the field tab(#1)  to the blue black wire?
And how the hell did this run for 4 yrs???
Will