[DeTomaso] Still no wipers, but I'm home

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:04:12 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions on what to look for with my wiper problem. No
joy. Tomas Gunnarsson fixed a turn signal that wasn't working - he found
that the connector had fallen off. I think he took the connection to the
wiper motors to use for the turn signal ;-)

Stephane Bergeron called me today to try to talk me through troubleshooting,
but as you know, the interior of a DeTomaso is a noisy place and I didn't
hear the phone.

I sort of fixed the problem however - I found a Norauto between Orleans and
Bordeaux and bought some Rain-x, which is literally the only way I made it
home. It wasn't exactly fun, and probably wasn't entirely safe, but here I
am. This obviously won't do in the long term.

We had an absolutely fantastic trip - France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and
Germany. Hung out with some really, genuinely nice people. Got to drive on
the track at Spa. The 100+ DeTomaso cars present were invited to a private
track session on Sunday - no pace cars, no other cars, just us. Tons of room
to play. Eventually I'll post pix of what white rims look like after 90
minutes on the Spa track.

I'll probably post pix this weekend and do a little more complete write-up.
I just walked in the door, it's 8pm and the rat race begins tomorrow and I
don't remember what the course looks like!

Those of you who I saw this week - it was a great time and I can't wait for
the next one. Those of you who weren't there - you missed a good time!

(btw, I get 12v at the fuses for the wipers..)

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>