[DeTomaso] Free Flow Exhaust Runs Hotter?

Lee, Patrick Q patrick.q.lee at rbc.com
Mon Jun 6 12:31:15 EDT 2011

After replacing the restrictive 1 3/4 in pipe Borla's on my 393 with the
dual 2 1/2 inch Magnaflows,
the engine seems to run hotter. I though it was only my crappy
temperature gauge but my IR gun confirms
that the engine is a good 10 degrees hotter with no changes to the car
other than the new exhaust.
Also some popping and backfiring on off throttle declaration. Could this
be a lean condition caused by the new exhaust?
Solutions? I just spent last summer getting the car cool enough!

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive
any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information
it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel peut contenir des renseignements protégés et confidentiels.
L’expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s’y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce courriel ou des renseignements qu’il contient
par une personne autre que le destinataire désigné est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m’en aviser immédiatement,
par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.