[DeTomaso] Met 2536 and its owner today

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:22:34 EDT 2011

I met Tim and his family and his newly acquired 72 Pantera GT5-S
clone.  The paint is flawless, and he bought it from the owner who
last possessed it for 25 years.  It needs nothing, though I might
delete either the rear strap spoiler or the delta wing, but they do
not actually clash so not urgent.  I think I may be the only one who
noticed.  It's a bright red with ghost striping that is rather
attractive.  The engine is polished and stock-ish with a polished
single plane intake.

Tim's a great guy and has been collecting cars for some years but this
is the one.  In fact, he was eying my car years before I possessed it,
back when it was running in the '90s.  He also talked to the owner but
couldn't get him to separate from it.  Probably not the right time, or
I have mad skills conning people out of their cars.  Dave Morrison was
also there with his Pantera.  That's *three* in one place in the
triangle area.  I told them they all should have taken their butts out
to Asheville for the gathering, but it was a bit of news to them.  I
told Tim about the mailing list so I hope he joins soon.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso