[DeTomaso] New Carb - high idle

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Sat Jun 4 13:39:34 EDT 2011

Hello all.

I recently installed a Holley 670 Street Avenger carb. My cat fireed up right away and maintained a decent idle (with no adjustments to the carb) after she warmed up; however, when I drive and then come to a stop, the RPM's stay up in the 1600-2000 range before slowly dropping down the the normal 800 at stop idle (after 20 seconds or so).

I plan to fiddle around with the float levels and idle mix screws today, but I am wondering if this could also be caused by a vaccum leak.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
EA