[DeTomaso] Nevada Open Road Challenge, gate 106, 15 May 11

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 14:27:52 EDT 2011

>From Gate 106
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTMtI79kkg

In watching the gate 106   video, I was interested in the full-bore exhaust
notes at high rpms. I noticed that most of the Corvettes were boring
"whosh-mobiles" that sounded like they were electric powered. A few of the
modifieds were over-loud, and like the mamma bear in the 3 bears story, the
Pantera, the black Lambo and several others were 'just right'. And one silver car
had a high-pitched F-1-type scream that was impressive but I wonder about
living with it for hours at a time. I think I read somewhere that the ID of
the exhaust headers strongly affects the exhaust note as well as the
muffler(s) configuration. There's a LOT of detail to exhaust science!   Thanks,
Bjorn- J Deryke