[DeTomaso] ZF issues - couple more questions

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 22:27:10 EDT 2011

So, being the novice that I am, I'm just considering a couple more
questions, and a possible screw up.

If I were to have improperly hung the throw out bearing carrier (not gotten
the fingers on the arm in the guides but in front of them, or put the throw
out on backwards (that would be a serious FU), would I even have been able
to drive the car?

Also, during the reinstallation process, I had mused about my installation
of a Quella supplied needle bearing type idler bushing, and asked if there
were any issues with putting a small amount of grease behind the bushing at
the end of the crank to offer some additonal lube in that location.  Nobody
that responded, including Jack D, said it was a bad idea.  The needle
bearing has a lip seal on the outer end of the center, but I'm wondering if
some of that grease is sneaking out and has found it's way to the clutch.

All ramblings of an anxious mind.

Thanks again.