[DeTomaso] GM Alternator

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun Jul 31 08:08:24 EDT 2011

Here are my notes from when I wrote it up.

To convert your 3-wire to a 1-wire alternator and have the new alternator
configured to control charging light in the dash, get a Delco CS-130
alternator modified by a local alternator shop as follows:

   - Have the shop measure the offset of your old alternator and install the
   correct single-groove pulley.
   - Modify the internal voltage regulator of the alternator to be a D411
   model and hook the internal regulator terminal L to have an external port.
   -  Inspect your existing voltage regulator and notice the terminal
   labeled i.
   - Unplug the voltage regulator connector and splice the “I” terminal wire
   to the new alternator port just created.
   - Double-wrap all connectors on the old harness securely with electrical
   tape except for the large black wire which will be your charge wire to your
   ammeter.

Hope this helps

Rob