[DeTomaso] Front Mount A/C

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 12:29:48 EDT 2011

In a message dated 7/26/11 14 19 1, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> Have others had good luck with the "kits" that the vendors sell. I find
> it
> hard to believe that all those hoses would fit properl

I have one friend who bought the kit from Bobby Byars.   It worked pretty
well, BUT his car is a very early Euro pushbutton, and those cars used
different fittings from the normal 1971-and-later Panteras so one of the hoses
didn't fit.   But it was pretty easy to get it replaced with one that did.

For your car, it's pretty much a no-brainer; the kit is pretty much
plug-and-play.   Although the optimum situation is to have the
radiator/condensor/fan setup as a package.   Bobby sells the condensor as a stand-alone unit but
then you have to affix it to the back of your radiator somehow.