[DeTomaso] NPC - Cordless Drill needed

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:17:36 EDT 2011

After reading the replies, I went outside and looked at my old drill:  Lo & Behold, it is a Ryobi 18v, model # P209.  (Popular Mechanics recommends the Ryobi # P203).                     ----Questions:  I have had the battery on the charger (many days) - the charge light shows "Yellow"    Red means discharged.  Yellow means ??   Green means Charged.  I put the battery in the drill and it did not work.  I started jacking with all the dials, buttons, etc., and then put the battery in a little saw that came with the set when I bought it new.  The saw ran, but acted like it was on the end of a charge.  (I then tried it in  light and a sander - and they both worked but seemed low-battery power). I put the battery in the drill and it worked now.  --Before today I had thought of buying new batteries, but did not know it my drill was bad.                                                                                                                                      --So, should I buy a new battery?  Or try what Gary says in his email (Gary, how do I hook up my car charger to a drill battery)?  Or buy a new drill set?          Thanks, Bill