[DeTomaso] Hurry!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:57:02 EDT 2011

I did some more digging and although one should seek professional advice and clarification it does appear that after 25 years, many vehicles are exempt and importable to the US.

"Vehicles over 25 years old are Department of Transportation (DOT) exempt from meeting federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS).  Over 21 years old are Environmental Protection Agency exempt.  To meet California smog exemption requirements, the car must be older than 1976. This does not make cars newer than 1976 impossible to import to California, but there are extra requirements, and testing."

Julian