[DeTomaso] Short Springs

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:37:12 EDT 2011

The answer is helper springs, a flat spring that has just sufficient compression to keep the main spring seated on its perch. I have them on my Intrax shocks on the Ultima.

Here is one example I found with a quick Google search (not sure if QA1 does their own);

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?tpc=Hyperco-Helper-Springs&form_prod_id=511&action=product

You can also get a guide that seats the helper spring to the main coil spring, see the internal link on the above page.

Good luck,
Julian