[DeTomaso] ac compressor question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jul 13 00:00:56 EDT 2011

I avoid buying -anything- new on ebay, unless I'm comfortable with the
fact I don't care it's a Chinese knock-off, because that will be my
assumption with nearly everything.

A friend recently purchased (unbeknownst to me) a brand new box of
Microsoft Office, 2012, professional edition, plus.  This is a $400
product.  My friend got it for $100.  Everytime they tried to register
it, with the provided software key, MS would fail to register it.  She
called MS, got their automated registration line, punched in all the
values and was hung up on.

She brings it to me.  It looks pretty darn legitimate to me, so I do
some sniffing.  Turns out, it's a Chinese knock-off and MS won't
register it.  Now she's out the $100 unless she can get ebay or PayPal
to fix it for her.

Not happy,
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired