[DeTomaso] Heat/AC fan motor problem

David G Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Sat Jul 9 12:03:59 EDT 2011

So, it’s the 4th of July weekend and we take a trip to Northeast Maryland to
tryout the new tuning on the fuel injection. It’s 98° out and 2 hours from
home the fan stopped blowing that cold air on us. This is not Arizona dry
heat, it’s Maryland wet heat. The motor is only 39 ½ years old. Why would it
do that to us when we need it the most. Anyway, it’s a 72 pre-L and there is
power going to the resistor so it must be the motor. Does anyone know how
much trouble it will be to get that motor out? Any tips? I drive it all
Winter, I’d hate to make it sit most of the Summer. Help.

Dave in Frederick, Md