[DeTomaso] New Pantera story - 2011 LA Auto Show??

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 17:16:51 EDT 2011

My dad recently bought a top of the line, brand new King Ranch F150 for $51K.

And then he bought a bottom of the line POS 1962 F100 work truck for $500 to replace the cash-for-clunkers F150 that he  sold to my brother.  He bought the cash-for-clunkers F150 to replace the POS F100 clunker.  He had the F100 clunker as a farm truck because he didn't want to get his King Ranch dirty.

I think he just likes to buy things.  He also has 4 tractors.  2 of them run.  It isn't always the same 2.

What were we talking about?

Oh yeah, Pantera prices.  I don't think it's reasonable to expect to buy a low volume exotic for $60K.  Under $100K should be possible, though.  Kirkham is pretty close with a nearly-all aluminum 427 Cobra.  Under $100K or low $100's is what I'd expect for a pretty decent brand new Pantera.