[DeTomaso] ammeter

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:55:22 EDT 2011

My ammeter does the same thing as Pat's. It started doing this after I
installed a radiator fan controller unit. Stays at just right of "0" until
the fans come on, then goes to about half way between "0" and 75. The
question is....what harm is this doing....or no harm?

Tom

What harm?

Well let me describe it as I understand it.
If you have isolating relays, you can connect the load circuit (headlights, radiator fans
etc...) directly to power and not "after" the amp meter.  When the load turns on you won't
see the power change effect as evidenced by the needle swing.
You are not running that load thru the gauge itself.

Or you can run the load thru the gauge (and see it) ...or you can bypass the gauge and not
load those wires with the additional current that the fans (or headlights) draw.

Umm this not be good English, but you get the point?  No ?