[DeTomaso] key not working

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 21:47:05 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/26/11 18 37 47, cengles at cox.net writes:

>               I recommend the Houdini Lock Lubricant.  I was having lock
> problems last year and Tom mentioned the good results with Houdini.  I
> bought some and it has been a miracle lock lubricant.  We had an old
> beater
> Mercury Sable 1999 that had multiple unhappy locks.  After a couple of
> shots
> in each lock, they worked like new.  It is great stuff and well worth the
> price of the can (which should last you years), compared to the price of a
> new ignition lock it is cheap.  Give it a try.

And if you can't find that specific brand, look for an aerosol-type
dedicated lock lubricant at your local auto parts store.   I think the one I bought
was sold under the Liquid Wrench brand, but it's dedicated lock lube
(basically it's graphite with a liquid aerosol base; it goes everywhere, places
normal graphite can't easily get to, and then the liquid evaporates).

Works great!   Much better than I expected really, and it was only about
$4.