[DeTomaso] key not working

Robert Douglas douglas at entropygroup.com
Wed Jan 26 16:50:02 EST 2011

I think I had the same problem. I would stick the key in and it seemed to
push the whole thing in a little bit. I would turn the key slightly to
create tension, then pull out, then straighten the key out and push the rest
of the way in. I would sometimes need to jiggle the key a little bit before
it would turn and start the car.

Then, a shop lost my only key while working on the car. They had a guy come
and hand file a replacement. When he gave me all the dupes he said that they
will come out with some black gunk on them for a while because he said put
some new grease (I am sure that isn't the right term) in the mechanism
because he noticed it was sticking. My key now slides in easily and turns
with no problem.

I realize I haven't give you much useful info, but I thought I would share
my experience. Hopefully it will be backed up by others.

Robert